Saturday, May 7, 2011

Twins, teachers, & travels oh my!!

It still amazes me everyday when I wake up to my 3 beautiful babies. It's so surreal sometimes to think that I went from 1 kid to 3 all at once! It's only been 6 months but I feel like I've had all of them with me for a lot longer than that. It's just crazy that the twins are already have way through their first year and Cam is starting kindergarten this fall. They go from these tiny little babies to walking, talking, big kids so quickly! I find myself missing the newborn stage but so excited for them to move on to new things.

We have a great routine. The twins eat their first bottle around 7 am and then they go back to sleep until the next feeding around 10am! I send Cam off to school at 8:30 and after that I have time to do whatever until the twins wake back up. They're such good babies. Cam us doing so good too. His vocabulary has exploded and he is such a smart little man! Unfortuately his testing for kindergarten does not reflect that. His teachers don't want him to be in full time kindergarten. They want to do half special education and half kindergarten. They think he is lacking in communication and they can't be further from the truth! He speaks so well and he socializes with family, friends, and even strangers. I have meetings to discuss everything with them this month and they will not like what I have to say. But I have to tell them how wrong they are. He is as every bit as smart as any other kid there. He needs a little physical help but cognitively he is doing great, I just have to get them to see it.

Besides the normal daily grind of school, work, and babies our life is pretty much the same. The weekend of May 20th Chad and I are taking a much needed escape to Lake of the Ozarks. We're staying in a gorgeous hotel called the Lodges at the Four Seasons. I'm so excited to get out of town and have some alone time with Chad. It will be the first time we've left the twins for more than a few hours so I'm a bit nervous about that! I just hope with the help of my sister and my brother's girlfriend my mom won't get overwhelmed with them. Plus Cam is going to our aunt's house for the weekend so that will help take some of the load of my mom. haha......We always have a few endeavors that don't go well for us but we have a lot that is going well for us. And I'm so thankful for all that we do have.

No comments:

Post a Comment