Tuesday, January 11, 2011

New year, new twins, new life!

So another year has come to an end and a new one has begun. Last year was an amazing one for sure! We found out in Feb 2010 that we were pregnant after 3 long years of trying & one miscarriage. In April we bought our first home & discovered that the little bundle I was carrying was actually TWO bundles!! By May we learned we were having a baby boy and a baby girl which amazes me still! My husband Chad & I celebrated our 3rd anniversary on Oct 3rd and I gave birth to our twins in Oct as well! Cameron, our oldest, turned 5 in Nov! It doesn't seem possible! They grow so fast, one minute they're so tiny & so fragile then the next they're running around the house, loud & full of curiosity about anything & everything! 

We were graced with so many blessings in one year that sometimes I feel like I will wake from this dream to find that none of it happened.

This year is likely to be just as wonderful as we watch our children grow & explore their world together. Cameron is our big boy & he took to being the big brother immediately, he loves the twins & has shown nothing but joy & admiration towards them. He even calls them "his twins"! The babies are Carter & Makayla. They are now just short of 3 months old already! It seems like just yesterday I was pregnant & begging for it to be over because I couldn't wait to meet them. (and b/c the pain of a twin pregnancy was almost unbearable) They smile, coo, & brighten every minute of my days. I feel so blessed to have been given the gift of two babies at once.

I look forward to thier first laugh, their first foods, & all the other milestones that are coming this year. I also look forward to Cameron sharing life with his new siblings growing & learning together. Meanwhile Chad & I are going to continue to enjoy our family & seize every opportunity to better our lives in any way possible. This year we're doing some remodeling projects for the house, we're planning a trip to Niagara Falls for Chad's 31st birthday, and we're going to find more time for each other. I'm so happy & so greatful for my family, my home, & the amazing life I have. 2011 may be the best year yet!

4 comments:

  1. I still remember when I brought my twins home. They will turned 3 in Dec and my oldest will be 5 this month. Here is my unsolicited advice to you:

    1. show your oldest how to respect their boundaries early on because later will be too late and they may not get along with each other.

    2. don't try to potty train both twins at the same time. Start with one one who shows interest in the potty first.

    3. store enough premade bottles in the fridge to cover an entire day or keep a pitcher in the fridge with enough formula (or breast milk) for an entire day. That way all you have to do is heat or pour and heat when it's time to feed your babies.

    If you ever need any help with anything, just let me know. Enjoy your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following www.theprincessmommydiaries.blogspot.com. I see we have a few things in common - my oldest son turned 5 in November as well, and I gave birth to my 2nd child, another son in August 2010! I have also only been married to their daddy 3 years as of this past November! Look forward to reading more of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank your for following Morgan & Mariah!!

    Mariah, great idea about the pitcher of pre made formula! Thx for the tips! I will definitely be askkng you questions from time to time! Lol

    Morgan, we do have a few things in common! I'm excited to share my stories & to read yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. have fun in niagara falls! i live 20 min. from there! we go up there all the time! its sooo pretty! btw this is jackie vallone from facebook...lol. i saw your post that you made a blog so i came to check it out!:)

    ReplyDelete